Haringey Multi-Agency Care and Coordination (MACC) Team
Managing health, wellbeing and preventing crises through innovative partnership working
The Multi Agency Care & Coordination (MACC) Team is a proactive and preventative care service for adults in Haringey. It aims to support adults living with frailty and or multimorbidity to maintain or improve their health, independence and well-being.
Led by the Haringey GP Federation and Whittington Community Health, the MACC team brings together and builds upon the following existing preventative and care coordination services:
- Frailty Integrated Care Network (CHINS)
- Haringey Coordination and Prevention Service (HCAPS)
- Haringey Teleconference MDT
- Community Matron Service
In addition, team members are drawn from, Haringey Adult Social Care; Barnet, Enfield; Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust; and voluntary sector agencies to create a wider multi-agency, multi-professional team. The team is made up of Care Navigators, Community Matrons, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, a Social Worker, Mental Health practitioners, and a GP
“Through multiagency, integrated team working we offer more joined up and patient-centred care”.
- Proactive and preventative services provide support to patients with rising risk before they require acute interventions.
- Holistic assessments and interventions support a patient’s medical, functional, mental health and social care needs within the wider team.
- Interventions are tailored according to both the type and level of need.
Benefits and Impact
- Improves access to advice, information, guidance and support for clients and carers
- Enables multi-disciplinary working in teams
- Offers better cross-service access and networking
- Delivers more effective access to longer-term care pathways
- Ensures more effective and efficient use of statutory care sectors
- Ensures adults can live healthy, long & fulfilling lives
- Tackles health inequalities within the Borough
- Makes best use of resources to deliver high quality valued & responsive partnership services
- Develops strong, resilient, and connected communities.
Patients can contact the service on 020 3074 2958
2022-2023 in numbers
- 1,995 patients were supported by the service
- 100% of patients reported a positive experience with the service via the Friends and Family feedback survey (77% Very Good, 23% Good).
- 88% of clients supported were over 65 years of age
- 37% of clients were from wards of high deprivation
“I have no doubt that their professionalism, and compassion will make a difference to the daily life of my father, and for this I wanted to extend the thanks and appreciation of my family....they took great attention to detail and attention to understand all issues, they really showed care to see how their actions and the tools available to them could improve his health and his life” - Patient family feedback
“Another really great multi-disciplinary service” Practice feedback
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.