Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme
Strengthening primary care by increasing the capacity and capability of the workforce in general practice
The Haringey GP Federation acts the primary employer on behalf of our eight Primary Care Networks (PCNs) for specific additional roles needed in practices. We provide a bespoke recruitment and mobilisation service and deliver a best-in-class induction, tailored to the needs of each role and context.
Our goal is to strengthen primary care by increasing the capacity and capability of the workforce in general practice.
By ensuring that new roles are integrating well into practice teams, from the outset we are able to focus on high quality patient care, ongoing professional development, and an outcomes-based approach to project delivery.
Results and Impact:
- Since first introducing these roles in 2018, 27 Clinical Pharmacy roles are now fully embedded in Haringey practices as a crucial part of a multidisciplinary team
- Collaboration with cross-sector partners is part of our model for investment in the future workforce pipeline, for example hosting pre-registration pharmacists and pharmacy technician pilots.
- 100% of our eight PCNs have expressed strong interest in recruiting Physicians Associates to GP practices .
- We are in the process of identifying and placing highly skilled PAs to join our ARRS team and work across practices in Haringey.
- We support newly qualified PAs to enrol on the PA preceptorship pathway and are well placed to inform the development of a local education and training agenda which encourages skill expansion and facilitates continuing professional development.
- We have innovated an e-portfolio which maps against the Faculty of Physician Associate competency framework in order to support PA and GP supervisors to build successful working relationships.
- We have established effective co-delivery partnerships with Healthy London Partnership and London Ambulance Service which support a cross-sector rotational model for paramedics in general practice.
- We are also exploring the possibility of innovative pathways and projects led by paramedics with our borough partners.
- By recruiting on behalf of surgeries, we are helping to put in place the nursing staff capacity and specialist support needed to provide relevant services and care for patients.
“Job satisfaction has improved as the dedicated role is appreciated and recognised by both patients and other health care professionals within the primary care setting. The continuity of patients and work colleagues creates an enjoyable work environment”. - Clinical Pharmacist
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.